Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pizazz: Painting Projects for the Kiddos!

 I was thinking about all the projects I wanted to do but was running out of time so I had the great idea to give projects to Quinton, Declan and McCoy. They think it is great because it is something different than their usual chores and I think it is a great because it is a good learning opportunity for them and my projects get done. We just used spray paint and regular paint we had on hand.

McCoys project to paint this child size chair that I got for $3.00 at the thrift store.

He spray paints the undercoat and then paints by hand the over coat. He is very careful when he paints and completely covers every area without reminders.

Declan is underpainting this chair lavender. I had to keep pointing out where he missed but he is always quick to fix it. I bought is chair at a yard sale for a dollar.

Archy decides he wants to help paint so I give him the tiniest paint brush but he is happy with it. Declan and he paint the overcoat.

Quinton's project is an old coffee table that was in my great grandma's living room. It has had a hard life but can become a cute table again.



Quinton paints the overcoat. 

I like to have my kids paint things; they painted the block wall you see in this picture. At first they loved it but as the summer progressed it was not so fun. We still have a section to do before the whole wall is done. It adds some colorful pizazz to a boring block wall. We still have a few more steps to do on the projects to finish them but they did all the painting themselves I only gave direction as needed. 

Today was also haircut day. I give five haircuts back to back. I like to do it outside one guy right after the other. Zany even got a haircut-a bang trim. When Eddy and I were dating he wanted me to give him a haircut although I never had cut hair before I was game to try. That first haircut was terrible but I have had a lot of practice since then and have gotten much better. I usually use a combo of clippers and scissors for the longer cuts. I think Eddy has only gone to the barber once since we have been married (14 years). I try to do everyones haircut a little different so they don't look the same. 

I will post the finished project pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment