Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Apple Ban, Painted Piggies & Kid Projects

I quit buying processed snack food a couple of years ago simply because they (the kids) ate it and were still hungry and it was expensive. No more granola bars or even cheese sticks. Now they can eat all the produce they want apple, bananas, plums, grapes, carrots etc. after they eat a produce item they can have a yogurt or slice of homemade (thank you bread machine) bread. I had to limit apples to one a day though because they were whipping through those. I recently bought a case of pink lady apples (one of my favorite types of apple) a whole forty pound box of lovely pink apples. Accordingly, I lifted the apple ban from one to however many they wanted to eat since I don't have room in the fridge for all those and want them to get eaten. Today as I was folding laundry I looked out the window and saw McCoy getting on the trampoline with two apples. I asked him if both of them were for him and he said yes since they could eat as many as they wanted. 

McCoy with apple #3 (in a one hour period)


Zany's new favorite thing is reading books and she has the attention span to listen to a whole book actually several books in a row so it is really fun to read to her.

She loves horses right now and calls them Ha-Has.

We painted her piggies today she is quite pleased about it.

Here is McCoy's finished painted and distressed chair. After he painted it, I sanded it to let the red show through and sealed it with matte spray sealer.

Declan's finished chair. After I distressed it, I rubbed some wood gel stain on and then sealed it.


Quinton's table that Eddy distressed.


I used a stencil  and spray paint to make this flowered pattern then I sealed it.

The boys all did a great job painting there projects and they had fun doing it. Now if only they would show such enthusiasm for piano practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment