Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Fast Friday!

I try to make friday morning breakfast a funner breakfast like french toast, pancakes and the like. Since berries were on a good sale last week I thought berry shortcake would be good. We had blueberry, strawberry, blackberry shortcake with homemade whip cream. It was really good.

Quinton prepares to demolish it.

See that wee tear on Archy cheek he was devastated when he realized that there were going to be berries on it so he got a pass and had a strawberry.

Zany prepares to dig in

That berry is a little more sour than she expected.

They were checking out the famous marble players

Waited a little to long to take a picture most of it was consumed that's how it goes around here!

So I was cleaning the house and making jam (in my bread machine it turned out really good and was so easy just quarter strawberries and lightly mash adding sugar and lemon and the machine does the rest). As I was putting in the last few ingredients for the bread to go with the jam.I got a phone call from my friend that Wal-mart had dropped the prices on the toy clearance.  At our Wal-mart, the toy clearance will be the same price for weeks sometimes months then one day all the price drop to five bucks or whatever.  I hurried and finished the bread (Italian Loaf 50/50 whole wheat/white flour) and rushed off to Walmart despite not having any makeup on which I never do but that is how badly I had to go.
Everything was marked down to five dollars! Toys that were fifteen bucks now five dollars toys that were seventy dollars now five dollars. It is like a feeding frenzy for sharks. You just grab all kinds them decide if you want it.  I called my sister, Ashlee to hurry and make the forty-five minute drive to come get some toys as well.  She rushed in also no makeup. I ended up spending two hours there partly waiting for her to get there.  Archy and Zany were real troopers. After we got home and put them down for a nap we turned on some Christmas music and we . . . 

wrapped!  Lots of presents for Christmas, it took us an hour and a half to wrap them all. We wrote numbers on them and then wrote in a notebook what they were so at Christmas we can decide who gets them. What are the numbers you may be wondering?  We estimate I spent $180.00 and got $ 800.00 worth of toys we knew the original prices for everything. Blessings for paying tithing I tell you!  

Here they are wrapped and ready for long storage.




3 comments:

  1. And that's how your s-t-r-e-t-c-h a buck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? I keep trying to stop reading your blog and get something else done and then I start reading another post. You have your Christmas done in March?!!! I really need some lessons. Like for reals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I can lure you in into my blog world! I do like a bargain shop that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete