Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Meet Zaynzley's Room

Before: Zany's Room is a big mess she pulled lots of clothes out of her drawers and got lots of toys out. McCoy was my helper luckily for us Zany went to bed really early because she didn't have a nap.


After: It was a bigger job than usual because I had to clean out her dresser and pack up her winter/too small clothes. I had a hard time getting this photos as Zany kept getting things out before I could snap the photo. 

I got photos of Zany's grandmas, great-grandmas, great-great grandmas as little girls and framed them in cute frames. I made the curtains because I couldn't find any that were exactly what I wanted.

This is the tin of small hair bows that have been driving me crazy anytime I needed one I had to paw through it. So I took some organizers that came with a tool box Eddy bought and sorted them

Much better!

This is where Zany likes to read and rock her babies.

This is my old daybed from when I was a kid. The paint treatment took a lot of time to execute. We painted then stenciled and stenciled and then stenciled some more. The stencils are Martha Stewart as are the paint colors. I prefer to use paint cremes and a flat bottomed sponge brush. The paint creme is an oil based product and doesn't bled through on the stencils.

I found a font I liked, printed it and traced it on white fabric...then I hot glued vintage buttons on it.

I put the hair bow bins on this hutch. The big bows hang on the curtains.

The big framed picture used to hang above my mom's crib when she was little. I keep a 2 gallon jar filled with diapers. 

Zany's play purse collection.

Vintage dolls & collectibles above her closet. My Grandma Agle made me the Raggedy Ann doll when I was a little girl. 

My pa (dad) made this wall book holder for me.  It has been several colors over the years. 

Spray paint transformed this cuckoo clock.


I had a whole room of these cute 1950's nursery decor hang ups but only have this one in her room.


This is the ceiling in her room I painted it a light green and had Eddy (a patient sweetheart with all my crazy decorating ides) stencil silver flowers all over it and fairies hang down from the ceiling. Poor Eddy got a bit light headed when he was stenciling the flowers but I really liked how it turned out.


This was the expression on her face when she woke up to a clean room! The cleaning fairies are amazing!

I decorated this room when I was pregnant with Zany. After four boys I was ready to do a girls room and if something could be made more girly I did it--with glitter if possible.  I have added to it over the last two years and reworked it when she moved out of a crib. It is one of my favorite rooms in my house.


3 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING. And so talented!!!!!! INFINITY.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both I had such a fun time planning this room!

    ReplyDelete