Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Sock Game

So I was sitting on the back porch enjoying my favorite time of day (twilight) reading a magazine or catalogs (have several catalogs [Pottery Barn {kids, teen, and regular}Land of Nod, Grandin Road, Anthropology] I love to look through and they are free!)  It is my goal everyday to just sit outside in the evening and soak up peace but sadly I rarely get to as to often it is dark before I realize it or I am busy at games or running kids to practice. 
This particular time I notice some strange activity going on the trampoline and I caught a few photos and then later asked the kids what was going on with them. Apparently, Quinton hates to jump on the trampoline without socks on and if he ever goes down on the trampoline by tripping or falling the other boys immediately pounce on him and try to take off his socks. They are fast too like hungry-boys-at-a-all-you-can-eat-buffet fast. 

Quinton hits the mat and in a second Archy and Coy hold him down while Declan gets the sock off. 

Quinton fights for the sock.

He gives up and jumps with one sock on one sock off, a few sock casualties lie abandoned.

If my kids are in the backyard then 85% of the time they are on the trampoline. They have a variety of made up games they play. I encourage them to be outside a lot even letting their chores slide when they are outside.  They know it too. It is a sad day when the tramp bites the dust as two have before. This is our third trampoline and the biggest yet. I never liked trampolines as kid because we never had one and the cousins who did have one would always double bounce you or steal your bounce both very unpleasant. Here's hoping for a long life for this tramp!

No comments:

Post a Comment