Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

McCoy moments

We were at ward party tonight from 4 to 6 pm. All day the weather was a beautiful sunny 75 degrees then about 5:00 it got real breezy by the time we left the party the temperature plummeted and it was ferociously windy and chilly.  All the kids were in the car and I was the last one in and I said to them "BRRR, Brrrr, Brrr, it is cold out there!" McCoys flatly replies, "So says the only one wearing a jacket."

Just now Declan asked me, "Mom is Winnie the Pooh a disney thing."  Before I could answer McCoy says with tired patience, "Yes, Declan don't you remember Disneyland?"

That kid cracks me up.

Things were pretty crazy around here today I was at a Stake Relief Society Meeting all morning from 9 to 12:30 then I had to pickup McCoy from a friends birthday party and run a couple errands. The kids basically got away with murder today since I wasn't here to make them work and Eddy was doing outside projects.  

My number one takeaways from the classes I attended:

Organization class: 80/20 rule is you only use 20% of your clothes 80% don't get worn. Supposedly, you can apply that to any number of things dishes, shoes, etc. Also for every minute you spend organizing you gain an hour of life.

Staff of life class: To make wonder flour grind equal parts Brown Rice, Spelt, Pearled Barley whisk together after you grind them and you can use that to replace white flour in anything except yeast items like bread. It is really good for waffles and pancakes.  It is so light and fluffy. I sampled a waffle made from it and it was fabulous!  Americans tend to eat to many wheat based products so this flour doesn't rely on it. Chef Brad came up with it and you can learn more at his website.  I went and bought pearled barley and spelt so I could make some.

Off to have some hot cocoa and watch wee sitcom with the kiddos!


2 comments:

  1. Yes I bought some to try. It kinda looks like wheat but is a bit longer and has a bigger intention. I guess it is really good for you

    ReplyDelete