Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, May 16, 2014

How a Zany Girl Amuses Herself

Everyone was busy doing this and that and I heard the piano playing. I thought how wonderful someone is practicing without me having to nag them. Then I realized that it was Zany playing and singing quit loudly. Eddy tried to record her and if you listen closely you can hear her singing along although it is much quieter than it was originally. I didn't know how to edit the length of the video so no need to watch the whole thing it is just Zany at the piano.



(For some reason I can't see the video on my kindle but I can see it on my computer but I can't seem to hear it--I need my IT guy [Eddy] to take a look.)

Zany plays and sings on the piano

The next day what to my shock did I see? Zany coloring in a coloring book (she usually only colors on walls and other non-approved coloring surfaces) she got it out all by herself. She happily colored in it just long enough to lure me into a sense of complacency and since I left her alone with all those lovely markers . . .  as soon as my attention was elsewhere she colored all over her face, hands and floor. Sigh.


So I sent her outside to swing with Declan. Somehow she saw her old baby saucer in the shed and wanted Declan to get it out. He, of course. obliged (he naturally likes to please people) and soon she was reliving her old babyhood. 

Zany in her baby saucer

Declan got the camera to take pictures of her and he informed me that whenever he takes pictures he always takes a selfie. Noted.

Declan's selfie

Reminds me of back in the day when I was a missionary and if you ever left your camera unattended other missionaries would take pictures with it, of course, then you wouldn't find that out until you developed the film weeks or months later.  Sometimes you got some surprising photos. I guess things aren't all that different from then to now.

Happy Day it's Friday! I sure hope some work gets done around here this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment