Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Totinos: a taste of childhood

When I was a kid the only frozen pizza I remember having was Totinos Pizza. It is really cheap pizza, in fact, the cheapest frozen pizza you can buy here. As a kid I loved it, the crust would get all crunchy and under the cheese was a sweet tomato sauce.  I haven't had it in so many years but on our date Eddy and I popped into the grocery store to get something for dinner and I saw the Totinos pizza box and so we decided to have frozen pizza for dinner. Eddy and I opted for a California Thai Chicken Pizza and we even found a clearance appetizer.  It was such a pretty evening so we decided to eat outside and everyone found a place to sit.

 McCoy chose the picnic table.

Zany first time eating Totinos.

Archy perches on a chair on the back porch.

Appetizer: Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Pepper Jack Cheese they were frozen and baked in the oven and surprisingly good.

We live at the base of 10,000 foot mountain (Mt. Graham) but because there are so many trees we can just see a bit of the foothills. 

I caught a wee glimpse of a gnome passing through my planter and was able to snap a quick photo before he disappeared.

I got this cute faux log planter at Tractor Supply. It looks like a hollowed out log and it was so charming as soon as I saw it I knew it was the perfect planter. This poor gnome had two brothers but sadly Declan (when he was younger he was a bull in a china shop and was infamous for stepping on people's feet while they were barefoot and he had shoes on) kept breaking them and I would glue them then he would break them and the whole cycle would start over until I decided they were to far gone and now there is just the one left) I just love gnomes and wouldn't mind if a whole donsy (proper term to refer to a group of gnomes--thanks google) of gnomes moved into my back garden.





No comments:

Post a Comment