Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

My little buttercup!

In our primary school, each grade does a yearly musical performance. McCoy's first grade did a vegetable inspired program. McCoy was chosen to be in the pepper family but you could pick whatever kind of you wanted. I picked Jalapeno because I knew I had this sombrero. McCoy, being of a shyer nature, did not want to have to wear the giant sombrero as he does not like attention brought to him, at all. So I had to turn to my mama playbook and threaten, cajole and in the end bribe to get him to wear it. His price--getting to go to the new frozen yogurt place.  He was a man good to his word as he wore it without complaint and even let me give him a mustache. They had to put him on the back row to accommodate his hat and the girl next to him kept knocking it with the hand motions but he took it good naturedly. 

The teacher announces the program.

McCoy goes the front for his dancing part.

McCoy and other peppers.

A dancing Jalapeno!

I took McCoy to get his froyo, as he calls it, and Eddy went along. You don't want to take Eddy to a pay by weight frozen yogurt shop. He happily filled his dish and when we heard the price of fourteen dollars I staggered back and really looked at Eddy dish. I weighed his solo (1 lb 7 ounces) then to see if he was the culprit for the high price--guilty. He did make a pretty desert though and in his defense it was his first time in a pay by ounce frozen yogurt shop. I guess McCoy earned it for both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment