Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Meet Declan

Declan's name (pronounced DECK-len)  is the first to follow our naming pattern which is the first three letters of the first name are also their initials so Declan=D.E.C.=Declan Eugene Carlton. When I was pregnant with boy #2, Ashlee was in Ireland and I asked her to find me a cool name for a boy that had third letter of C. She suggested Declan and I really liked it Eddy took a bit to warm up to it.  His middle name comes from his maternal great grandfather Dennis Eugene Agle. 

He can raise an eyebrow (left only) like no other except maybe 

The Rock Gifs
The Rock


Declan tell me a little about your self: (typed word for word)
I like batman and my family of course, the thing I do not like is when girls chase me to the end of the world. I like my fourth grade teacher, I like to read books my favorite sports are baseball, basketball, football. My favorite type of music is rock and roll. My favorite song is "Everything is Awesome" from the Lego Movie. I also like Thor and Superman. My favorite books to read are Nate the Great, Batman Comics, I Survived (series).
Declan's crazy face

How about some Questions?

Me: What would you do with a hundred dollars? 
DEC: Make a company and get rich off that company and have a mansion with a bat cave under it.

Me: What's the worst thing that has ever happen to you? 
DEC: I tripped and fell in Duncan and really hurt my leg when I was three.

Me: What's your favorite color?
DEC: Purple and Gold

Me: What college do you want to go to?
DEC: ASU then a doctor/scientist school

Me: What is your favorite food? 
DEC: Carrots, Cake, Healthy Stuff

Me: Where is your favorite place to sit and read a book?
DEC: Play room window seat

Me: Where would you want to go on vacation and why?
DEC: Hawaii-for the beaches, ocean, and sharks

ME: If you could meet one person in history who would it be? Why?
DEC: King Arthur because then if he died and didn't have any kids he would pick me and then I would be king and make it a free country.

Declan doing a Trampoline Trick

Declan has always been very animated, imaginative and creative. He took a little longer to speak (after he was three years old) but once he started he hasn't stopped. He worked really hard in speech and he just graduated from the program; he started when he was three years old. It took him a while to get the "R" sound down but he persevered and finally got it.  When he was little, about three, he had an incredible sense of direction and memory for where things where. We would be at a store like Super Walmart and he would disappear. It was really scary as a mother but I would usually find him soon after as he decided he needed to go to the bathroom and would take himself there without telling anyone.

Declan sporting green hair for Homecoming

He was know as a wild child but he grew out of that into a very responsible child. He gets himself up early every morning even weekends. He likes to write things on the calendar and reminds me incessantly of upcoming events and needs. He like to get his chores done quickly and efficiently. He really likes to please people and loves to be helpful. Declan has a lot of personality and is a kid you won't miss in a class due to his size (tall) and volume. His handwriting is very sloppy which is perfect for the career he has been planning on since he was four-doctor. Declan can be very dramatic and isn't scared to talk to anyone including waitresses (more chips please).  He spends most of his time at home playing outside on the trampoline or playing with toys. Declan is a real fun guy that we love having in our family!

1 comment: