Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Marker Baby Strikes Again!

Just when I thought I had banished all markers from the land of Carlton my sweet baby girl found one and not only colored all over her arm which I deplore it makes kids seem so dirty even if they are not,


but she also colored all over the back and arm of this chair. Grrrr! I so dislike markers right now!


In happier news, after many years of looking I finally found a banana chair! My sister and I are the only siblings in our family (we often heard from both our parents, "There is just the two of you can't you get along?" No, no we couldn't.) and we were both very well behaved children so we got taken lots of places I would never attempt to take my children. Granted I have more and various ages and mostly boys but I still I sometimes wonder at the tedious places they would take us. I remember seeing Gandhi in the movie theater when I was little and I can't even begin to count the number of not kid friendly museums I attended. Two stores I remember going to that I liked the least were Home Depot ( I love HD now) and RC Willey's (furniture store). We went to RC Willey's a lot. My parents were always buying furniture it seemed. One time when we were at RC's my sister and I were wandering the store when we found the most awesome chair--banana chair as we called it. It was low to the floor, it rocked and you could fling the unsuspecting sitter backwards until there head touched the ground and their arms and legs would fly out awkwardly (sidenote isn't the spelling of awkward kinda awkward it must be the wkw that makes it seem so). We had it for many, many years until its demise. I have long wanted one. Now days they are hard to find without all kinds of speakers and fancy electronics attached, but I finally did and bought it for a mere five dollars.


Declan showing how chair goes backwards. Downside of this chair if it rocks on your toes it really hurts it's happened a few times to McCoy, Archy & Zany.

My other purchase of note was this wee rocking horse as my Zany is really into cowgirls right now due to Disney's Sheriff Callie show. I had to shell out ten bucks for this little pony but he was so cute I couldn't resist.

Before pony

After pony

I didn't really do too much to him as he was so cute to begin with but I wiped him down and then I took a bandanna cut it and braided it tightly for the reins. I sewed it together so it can't come off. Should be many happy HA-HA (Zany for horse) rides to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment