Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Archy & Serendipity

My sister Ashlee works at a library and the library was getting rid of the children's books that have audiocassettes that read the book to you with a pleasant beep so you know when to turn the page (I remember having them when I was a kid except they were records instead of tapes). Anyway, she called to see if I would like some and I told her Archy would love a few. She picked some out for him.  Ashlee brought them to me and serendipitously that same day Archy was given a really nice walkman (audio cassette tape player) from his great grandma. His great grandma didn't even know that he needed a walkman. Now the little guy was set! He thought it was so fun to listen and turn the pages all by himself.


Listening for the beep.

Enjoying a little Winnie the Pooh.

In Arizona it is pretty dry most of the time chips don't go stale and crackers don't lose their crunch but skin gets dry, very dry. To combat this I sometimes have to put vaseline on my kids cheeks before they go to bed. It makes them laughably shiny and angelic looking.

That shine on Archy isn't special effects it is good ol' vaseline before naptime. Maybe he will listen to a book on his walkman before falling asleep!



2 comments:

  1. Glad he likes them. Did you keep them in their bags? Shall I see if there is more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I kept them in their bag but I need to think of a good way to store them if u see any titles he would like.

    ReplyDelete