Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, April 18, 2014

My kingdom for a Triscuit!

Said no one ever! Have you ever heard about these swarms of ants in Africa who can completely consume everything--like every leaf off a tree in seconds (Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingslover is an excellent book and has these ants featured). That's how it is at my house if I leave anything food like out on the counters. About ten in the morning I send my two little ones out to play in the backyard with a snack usually a few crackers.  They had had a busy day and hadn't gotten their backyard time in yet so after school they went out to play and the only crackers I had were these Brown Rice Sweet Potato Triscuits. I wasn't sure they would even eat them but I handed out three to each of the four kids and out they went. I forgot to put the triscuits away.

A mere forty minutes later I saw that I had left them out but it was too late.

Just the dredges were left, but that didn't stop Archy and Zany from fighting over the box.

No fair he is so tall! says Zany

Zany seizes control and uses her whipping elbows to keep Archy away.

She maintains control until she realizes there are only crumbs left.

This immediate consumption can also work in my favor if I want something eaten I just leave it out and pouf it's gone! Now where did those leftover Brussels Sprouts go?

No comments:

Post a Comment