Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The day the carltons broke down . . .

and turned on the AC (air conditioning). We are pretty tough (local standards) when it comes to cold we only turn on the heater a few times a winter. We like it chilly especially when we sleep! Most people think we are crazy to keep our house so cold. The down side to this we don't like our house hot in the summer. We keep the air at 74 by day and 69 by night. Tonight while I was making dinner (Homemade Lasagna, Green Beans and Mountain Herb Bread) I was really hot and said if it is 80 degrees in here we are turning on the AC.  Eddy promptly looked to see what the temp was and did a happy dance. It was 80. On went the AC. All the money we save in the winter toughing it out disappears in the summer pretty quick!

After school Quinton is at track practice but there is a narrow window of time when Quinton is home before Declan and McCoy go to basketball and baseball practice. This is the time they are suppose to be doing homework, piano and chores. They are pretty smart though and know if everyone is outside I will probably leave them alone while I enjoy a quiet house and make dinner. I decided to sneak outside and snap a few photos of the fun on my beloved trampoline (it keeps my kids busy outside).

Zany and Archy see me right away.

Zany notices the gathering dog pile.

Everyone tries to take down Quinton.

They get him down with teamwork even Zany helps.

Wrestling fun for all.

They notice me taking photos; what a happy lot.

When McCoy came home from baseball practice he was sitting at the table and I had the thought out of the blue he might need glasses. So I tried testing him with holding various books while he stood down the hall.  Not too effective, then I had Eddy download an app to test your vision and he tested McCoy. We aren't to sure but he did poorly enough that I am going to take him to be tested by the eye doctor. I think it is just his distance that is poor but I guess we will see. (Pun intended!)


2 comments:

  1. A/Cs are a reasonable investment. Well, our mileage may vary, but the key aim here is comfort, and whichever ways to it that most fit us, we should maintain. Most especially with the increasingly scorching climate we experience every summer. Anyway, the kids look like they were having so much fun. I wish you guys get to enjoy moments like that more often. All the best!

    Harvey Chapman @ Liberty Comfort Systems

    ReplyDelete
  2. We couldn't live here without A/C it is such a cool blessing! Thanks for your kind wishes!

    ReplyDelete