Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

For the Blog: Corny View

 I spend quite a bit of time at my kitchen sink as most moms do. ( I often ask myself if could only have one appliance would I pick dishwasher or washing machine? I love both of these machines so much I have such a hard time choosing between them they both make my life so much easier! Bless them.)  I was washing dishes when I looked out the window and I saw McCoy and Declan standing companionably on the picnic table eating their corn on the cob. It would never occur to me to stand on the picnic table to eat my corn but I am also not a young boy. Considering the many places in the backyard one could sit and eat ones corn it is a surprising choice.  Eddy felt it needed to be immortalized for the blog and so he snapped a couple pictures.  Once in a while we get lucky and get really tasty corn. We usually roast it with all the leaves and cornsilk intact at 425 (degrees) for 30 minutes on a cookie sheet then we pull back the leaves and pop of the cornsilk (hair as the kids call it) spread a little mayo and a sprinkle of Tajin (found in the produce section), salt and pepper. Hmmm . . . if I could only have one would I pick really tasty corn, dishwasher or washing machine?

Enjoying some summer corn

McCoy and Declan enjoying corn on the cob with corn on the cob holders (remember those)

No comments:

Post a Comment