Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Early Mornings are for the Birds!

I am not an early bird by nature at this point in my life, night owl is my preference. On the fourth of July, I tried living like an early bird in fact I got my whole family up at the 5am hour. My sister Ashlee is a seasonal early bird. In the summer she and my father are up with the sun, but in the cold winter they aren't so eager. I knew Ashlee was going on a big run and I wanted to see her running since I never have before also there is also a big yard sale on the fourth of July in Duncan.  So I too joined the early bird flock and we set out for Duncan earlier than I ever have before. As we were a several miles out of town, we saw a fellow early bird dressed in white running along the road.  She was shocked to see us so early knowing our true night owl nature.

Surprise Ashlee!

Running Ash on mile 6.5

We headed up to the house where the kids were besides themselves with anticipation for these babies-Independence Day Donuts!
Yummy!

Meanwhile Ashlee is still running when all of sudden the unthinkable happens . . .






Ashlee kisses the asphalt, bites the big one and has an epic trip.  There was a crack in the road from the recent earthquake we presume that caught Ashlee unawares and sent her down. Unfortunately she was still three or so miles from home. Ashlee tried to stand up but was light headed and just had to lie on the side of the road trying to decide if she wanted a car to come by and see her or not. She landed on her knee and hands which are pretty scraped and sore, worse yet she has no cell and miles yet to run to get home. She makes it home battered and bruised. I take her back to the site of her fall to reenact it for the blog!

Fourth of July Day to be continued . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment