Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Dinner Company

We had the missionaries (Elders) over for dinner and in preparing for them I decided to make Pioneer Woman's enchiladas, red rice, corn, chips, salsa and salad. The enchiladas took a bit longer than I thought to make so they were too hot to eat. So I decided to eat in courses and start with the salad on separate plates, of course. We usually always have a table cloth on the table simply because I dislike wiping a table and prefer to just change the tablecloth then have to wipe it and if a drink spills, no worries the tablecloth absorbs it. About two years ago, I ran out of my costco napkins and so I went to Walmart to buy some and  I was shocked by the price. I decided then to no longer use disposable napkins and instead use cloth napkins. We have used cloth napkins since then. These things combined to make the Elders think we were having a fancy dinner.  We will go with that. During dinner I realized we were missing one of our party. Any guesses? Look at the picture below for a clue.

Dinner with the Elders

Yep, Zany is missing! She snuck out the back door and for some crazy reason decided to slip out the back gate to the alley to see the dogs that reside in the neighbors back yard.  Unfortunately, for her she has zany hair and it got caught on the fence.  There she was stuck fast, her hair keeping her out of trouble. McCoy kindly offered to get some scissors but I told him I could handle it and I freed her hair and resecured the back gate.  

Escapee 

One lock shy of freedom! (I am so punny!)

The Elders were none the wiser and the fancy dinner continued!


No comments:

Post a Comment