Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, July 11, 2014

The Tao of Pa

Pa is one of those rare creatures who seems to be good at anything they turn their mind too. He reminds me in more than one way of Gru from Despicable Me. Rhiannon's children are his equivalent minions.  They adore him, much to my chagrin as I would prefer to be the favorite. As any classic character should, he has several catchphrases and lines he uses on a fairly consistent basis.  Maybe if you are lucky you might have heard a few of these gems.


"I'm grateful for whatever crumb falls my way."

"We live a little closer to the Dirt than most."

"I have lots of Rats to kill. (often said on the way to work)

"Weren't you watching me?" (said after doing something flawlessly and expecting the same of anyone else attempting it)

"I'm forced to work with amateurs."  Usually uttered in good humor. 

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes."

"You can't live forever."

As a person who rarely makes mistakes, you may hear this "That was a Rookie move," if you happen to make one.

One of my favorites is often said during sporting events, in fact now everyone will say it in unison. When a player makes a mistake you can hear this great phrase:

"Ah, he could've been a hero, but now he is the goat."

He had numerous chances to utter that last phrase doing the Bronco's failed attempt to win the Superbowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment