Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Thrift Store Jackpot

Sometimes you go to the thrift store and find one or two things. Other times you go and hit the jackpot. Today was one of those jackpot days. I was in search of a larger baseball glove for Quinton as he has outgrown his glove some time ago but I didn't realize it.  I had no luck with finding a glove but I did find lots of other things. In fact, I ran into my nemesis at the thrift store. My nemesis is a retired lady, Karole, who likes to buy the same stuff I do and is at the thrift store daily. Today she bought a bunch of vintage linens I would have bought if I had see them first. Oh well you can't be everywhere (that's what I tell myself).  On to what I did find:

Kids books to add to some of our series and some classics like Paddington bear and Beverly Cleary books, some gingham, floral, and upholstery weight red and blue fabric. All that for $4.00

Four baseballs, vintage embroidery transfers, jar with wooden lid, handkerchief, Football Jello forms (Superbowl Party anyone), a refried bean smasher (mine broke), pants for Zany, Uno game, Apples to Apples game 

Playdough set for $2.00
A kindergarten teacher at Eddy's school thought Archy would benefit from playing with playdough increasing his hand strength. I some years previously got rid of all our play dough stuff since it got left outside and ruined. Zany was really happy to see this set.


Four vintage frames two with mirrors= $2.00

Vintage jar of corn holders= .25 cents
No more getting our hands dirty holding corn and there is enough for everybody.

This was my most exciting find. It was in the books oddly enough and I found it while Karole was finding all the vintage linens (hiss). I collect vintage little people. I had them when I was a kid and my grandma had some I loved to play with when I stayed with her. My kids play with them now.

Best find of the day! Fifty cents.

All wood vintage little people

More fabric, handkerchief, frames, pyrex dish, yarn doll, bat and rack =$7.00
Pyrex is for Zany's play kitchen, rack for swim towels outside, frames laundry room project.

Two dresses for Zany in the future these are 4T she is a 3T now. I like to buy ahead when I find cute clothes=$5.00

Another serendipitous find, I had been thinking of getting a ice cream maker but I didn't know how often we would use it to justify the purchase so I was hesitating to get one and they can be a bit pricey.

For five bucks we will try it out, ice cream/sorbet maker like brand new!

Goodness it was fun to find so many treasures! Next time I will probably find nothing but thats ok half the fun is the looking.

2 comments:

  1. I HOPE THE ICE CREAM MAKER ENDS UP BEING USED!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous are you one of my children?

    ReplyDelete