Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, July 4, 2014

More Lessons on the Via De La Plata

I can't believe its been a month since my pilgrimage. Its only grown more rosier in my mind. My feet are still a bit of a mess though, but they are tough. In some ways it feels like it was a long time ago and others like it was only yesterday.

Anyway, I discovered I kinda love the music of Chris Brown. which makes me feel a bit sheepish, but I like to believe in seconds chances. If every I was feeling tired,  in pain I would listen to this song.  Other surprising songs I realized I was quite fond of are the Black Eyed Peas "Imma Be" and "Wobble" by V.I.C.

Now mostly I stayed in Albegures, which are like hostels that are dedicated to people who are walking/biking or horse riding the camino. (I didn't see anyone on a horse, but heard there was someone on a donkey.)  Some were nice and others not as nice.
A very nice modern one

a Little more cramped

A little cramped and no head space


Now being as I was spring Chicken as it were on the camino (relatively speaking) I always took a top bunk. which lead to the dropping of my kindle, which sustained a crack  sadly. But it still works thank goodness.  The prices ranged from free to about 15 euros.

Some were in really great locations and buildings.  A restored old building  and a more modern one, both were great.




When its sunny and windy and flat and boring and you want to listen to Chris Brown, cover your ears with your trusty camino buff. Note this is my second pair of sunglasses,  Rey Bans. I lost them too.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment