Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, August 1, 2014

Vacation for a Day!

Since we didn't go anywhere for a vacation (money, money, money) this summer we decided to take a day vacation to Tucson, Az. I let each kid pick a place they wanted to go and we spent the day doing their fun things. After our two hour drive, we arrived at a place that used to have painful memories for me. You see, when I was a kid my sister Ashlee had the best birthday parties. Her birthday was mid October the perfect time to have dress up birthday parties with Halloween touches and if it wasn't a cool dressup party then invariably she would have it at Chuck E. Cheese. She always had lots of kids come and so she had lots of presents. My birthday is at Thanksgiving time everyone is out of town or with family then, not a good time to have birthday parties. I was quite jealous of Ashlee's parties when I was a kid.  It was years before I could step foot in a Chuck E. Cheese without painful flashbacks. I am glad to report that I didn't have a twinge of unpleasantness. It was all fun. My kids were quite excited to get to go there and get 40 tokens each (aren't coupons the best) and have pizza. 

What time is it? Fun time 
Zany on clock ride

Newest firemen: Zany and Archy

Wee carousel ride 
Zany on horse of course and Archy in sleigh

Hang on tight Archy 

Zany spent the majority of her time on this one ride. She learned if she just stayed on it other people would put their kids on and drop in their tokens and she would get a free ride. Not being a gal afraid much  and a bit of a dare devil, she would even climb on the moving carousel and jump on an empty horse. 

Who says there is no such thing as a free ride!

Eddy and Declan playing each other on a racing game

Quinton doing virtual jump rope game

Along the ceiling were climbing tubes with a slide
Zany spots Eddy and waves

Out of tokens and time to go! 
McCoy rides the clock

After Chuck E. Cheese we went to Hobby Lobby and Eddy got some things for his classroom and I picked up some sewing stuff. With five kids in tow it, I was a bit rushed and would like to go back and have a proper browse. We popped into McCoy's pick, the chocolate store. When he first said that I had no idea what store he spoke of and then I realized he meant See's chocolates. When my mom (nona aka carol) was a kid her dad often brought them See's chocolate when he came home from a business trip. Grandpa Agle usually brought them bordeaux bars.  When I was a kid, my mom took my sister and I to See's in the mall and we often got See's lollipops (they last forever!) and the nice See's worker always gave you a free sample too.  So I was more than happy to accommodate McCoy's pick. We all trooped into the store to make our selections and we each got a bordeaux chocolate to sample (it made me smile and think of my dear Grandpa Agle).


Archy, Zany, Coy, Q, Dec and I at See's
I had no idea my skirt flew up until I saw this picture let's hope my slip stayed down

So many choices

What has Eddy found? A chocolate cigar!!!

We bought a box of lollipops and Eddy got his favorite (almond and chocolate covered toffee) and I got mine (dark chocolate butterchew). We may or maynot have smuggle it into the movie we went to see right after this: How to Train a Dragon 2. It is large theater that uses real butter on the popcorn so, so tasty. We then popped into Savers, Costco, ate a quick dinner at Pei Wei (asian diner) and then to Target so Declan, McCoy and Archer could pick a few shirts out for school.
About 10:15 p.m. we headed for home after a long day of fun and arrived home at midnight.

Sitting on the Target balls

Can you tell we have been vacationing for twelve plus hours?


No comments:

Post a Comment