Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Dr Who Party (part 2)

Ashlee and I were doing a million things getting ready for the party.  A few weeks before I had found Ashlee a Dr. Who t-shirt at the thrift store so she had something to wear to the party but alas I didn't. Pinterest to the rescue, I found a picture of a tardis poodle skirt and decided that is what I would make to wear. In my mind it only took fifteen minutes to make but in reality it was more like over an hour.  I just cut a tardis out of blue fleece and stitched it on with one of my sewing machines in black thread trying to replicate the basic tardis features. The skirt I already had and then I added rickrack and sewed it on free hand without pins on a sewing machine. I added a wee bit of white felt for the sign and St. John Ambulance symbol. With a wave of the screwdriver, ta da a Dr. Who skirt. I would say I am at a amature level of sewing skill so this was really easy.



Here is my Dr. Who outfit, I am sporting a bowtie I cut out of felt and sewed on my shirt 

For dinner, we went pretty simple and had Cassandra Lasagna, Bowtie Pasta , Sontaran Salad and Dalek Cake.
Dr. Who dinner party

S"ood"a and Dalek Cake 

Ashlee and I decorated the dalek cake and as Ashlee so aptly put it, "The dalek cake was much more impressive in my mind, it may be a bit amature hour." (Darn Cake Boss makes it look easy.) Ah, well the children didn't complain. It wouldn't be a party if there wasn't a mess. Thanks to Ashlee helping out with that as she knocked the cocoa out of the upper cupboard it was in and cocoa went everywhere. I suspect I will be finding bits of cocoa for days.

Ashlee getting up to some cocoa mischief

Before we knew it we were on to our next activity turning pretzel rods into sonic screwdrivers. Ashlee came up with this great idea and had dipping chocolate, various candies to decorate them with that were edible. There even was edible spray paint.

Making sonic screwdrivers

Nona carefully wraps her pretzel

Once everyone had there sonic screwdriver it was time for a photo-op against our homemade tardis door background. 
We had a sign to hold with the new doctor on it that said,
 "Here's my screwdriver where is yours?" So we all showed off our screwdrivers.

Each of the boys represented a Time Lord Archy=Ninth Doctor, Quinton=Tenth Doctor, Declan=Eleventh Doctor and McCoy=Twelfth Doctor

Our mantle decor was really easy. I had Q, D, & M color a Dr. Who pictures and used two of them to wrap around pringle chip cans. I took the label off a Lay's Stax chip container and made it look like a tardis.  I picked up the Dr. Who letters at Wal-mart (1.47 each) and had eddy spray paint them and attach ribbon. We had Clara's crunch as well. Ashlee put various candy in a jar and had a sign that read "(Dr) Who knows how many candies are in the jar?" Everyone put in a guess on paper about how many there were and the winner got the candy jar at the first commercial break.

Dr. Who viewing party mantle with treats

Guess who got the number of candies exactly right? 
Archy, he won the candy jar

He happily shared his winnings with all, wouldn't Dr. Who be proud!



No comments:

Post a Comment