Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, August 21, 2014

SE Arizona wildflowers- August edition

The title of our new banner photo is "The Alien and the Turtle" You can decided which is which.

Now on to the proper post. Since we have had lots of rain, we have quite a few plants in bloom. I love finding all the different ones I can while out and about. If I happen to know the name I will post it. Though if you notice it is not what I say or a name of one that isn't marked please let us know. There are not as numerous as in the spring, but still a quite a variety.  Most of these were more in the country, a bit harder to see unlike Spring when the road is lined with gorgeous plants. 


I believe this is the aptly named Fairy Duster. I think whoever named it had quite the imagination.

Water is still hanging about. I'mnot too sure about this one.  It maybe some sort of firecracker plant.

Silverleaf Nightshade.  Coincidentally, also the name of my imaginary magical steed.

the so called "Common" Sunflower.  its a bit ahead of its mates, I think there are going to be quite a few of these in bloom soon.

Scarlet Spiderling. These are so cute but so tiny. That cluster is made up of several flowers.

I'm going with Jimsonweed on this one.

A picture of the mighty Gila River. The water is actually moving at a pretty good clip now. It  is very turbid due to all the recent storms.

A Mexican bird of Paradise. Can you see who else loves wildflowers?

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! I hope you start a jar soon to save up for your imaginary steed! Zany would love it!

    ReplyDelete