Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, August 29, 2014

Dental Fun Anyone?


The wheels have fallen off the dental wagon. We have rolled along pretty well with a random cavity here and there when suddenly we slammed into a parked semi-truck.  Lets just say there are more cavities among the Carltons than there are Carltons. I am not sure how it happened we didn't change our routine that I know of anyway, yet we have quite a few dental appointments lined up. The first round of dental visits went well. McCoy and Archer had the pleasure of spending time in the dental chair.  McCoy had a tooth pulled since he has funky teeth that don't line up and so the baby teeth never fall out and the adult teeth just grow behind at weird angles. I can see braces in his future. Luckily, Quinton doesn't need braces so that saves me a pretty penny. Eddy and I both have straight teeth without having had braces.  

I have a bit of a dental phobia thanks to a series of terrible childhood dentist as does my sister. We both dread going to our cleanings but dutifully go every six months. What a relief it is to get it over with until the next six month visit. Thankfully my phobia /anxiety doesn't extend to my children's dental appointments or I would be a ball of anxiousness for the next few weeks.  As per the dental hygienist suggestion I have bought them all electric toothbrushes and mouthwash with fluoride.  Since I couldn't find kid electric toothbrushes with a timer I bought a small timer and mounted it in my cupboard with velcro. 
No excuses now kids  . . . brush, brush, brush.

Declan with new toothbrushes
(I use a hardware organizer to hold all my makeup it fits perfectly in my cupboard)


McCoy, with pulled tooth and numb cheek, smiles while Archy looks on 

New room in McCoy's mouth

Smile Archy, ok, smile with one side.

On the way home from the dentist Archy told McCoy, 
"Coy, I have a big cheek now the dentist gave it to me."
Gotta love the numb tingles!

The girl who could smile with both cheeks

She was with me at store and picked a Dora toothbrush for herself. Lets hope she uses it or she will end up in the same boat as her brothers and rack up all kinds of dental frequent flier miles!

Happy Brushing (2 minutes, Twice a Day) and Flossing (Every Day)!



No comments:

Post a Comment