Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sweet Talking Archy!

Our special back to school dinner this year was fabulous since I didn't have to cook or clean it. This school year has started off a bit chaotic so going out to dinner instead of making a big back to school dinner sounded it perfect to me. We went to our local mom and pop pizza joint that does a buffet a couple nights a week. In this pizza parlor is an old fashion arcade, if you are thinking along the lines of Chuck E. Cheese it isn't that. There are about seven or so games you can play for a quarter.  Archy really wanted a quarter but I didn't have one and if I did I wouldn't have given him one anyway (because then you have to give a quarter to all the kids and you are out $1.25 before you know it). That didn't sit well with him and he got angrier and angrier at me since I didn't give him one. I was being patient with him as he is a napless kindergartener and I knew he was exhausted. Archy went full slytherin mode and would say in a loving sweet tone with eyes narrowed, "I hate you, mom."  A couple minutes would pass and he would say tenderly "Mom, mom." When he had my attention he would say again, "Mom, I hate you." When that didn't get the reaction he wanted he moved on to saying again in a sweet loving sounding voice, "You're the worst mom ever!" I just had to laugh and take a picture to remember the moment. But wait where is Archy? That's right he ducked out of the photo about ten times (Archy is known for his speed!) before Eddy finally nailed him and got a photo of him which just made Archer angrier. I kept my cool and was so patient I was slightly surprised by how calm I stayed, plus, I knew it was time bedtime for bonzo! 

Where's that sweet talking boy?

His going down

Archy finally caught by Eddy

Yessir, bedtime can't come early enough for this exhausted kindergartener!


No comments:

Post a Comment