Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Wishing for a Mullet

It's homecoming week around here which means lots of fun activities and a big football game with a formal dance (high school). At the middle school level, they are dressing up as various things each day wacky hair day or disney day. Quinton came home all excited to dress up 80's style since the theme was 1980's.  I was surprised he was so enthusiastic about it since that is something he normally wouldn't care to do. So he was asking Eddy and I what he should wear.  We both gave him some ideas and I told him to go find his dorky painting/work pants as they are the lightest denim he has and I would show him how to peg them. I still had my 80's skill because I pegged (fold and tuck narrowing the ankle) a pretty mean pant leg after all these years.  In fact, I was in eighth grade in 1989.  How weird is that! Now will Quinton's  junior high son in 2039 dress up like 2010's for homecoming week?  I hope so, it sure is nice to have an expert on the subject give you first hand advice on what to wear.  Quinton is sporting a polo shirt with popped up collar, light wash denim jeans pegged of course (did guys peg pants too?), tube sock with strips (can't see those), nike high tops and sunglasses. Quinton really wanted a mullet wig but sadly we didn't have one.


Quinton is all his 80's glory


As he was sitting at the breakfast table in all his 80's stylings, 
Quinton asked, "Did they have black socks in the 1980's?"  I paused in the buttering of toast and replied, "No, no, they didn't have black socks in the eighties they hadn't been invented yet."  

HE BELIEVED ME. 

In fact, I then said, "Yep the color black hadn't been invented yet."  Picture me rolling my eyes, what did he think the eighties were horse and buggy days? Eddy couldn't remain silent and said to him with a bit of exasperation, "Of course they had black socks in the eighties!"  

To me, the eighties were my childhood and early teen years so I am quite fond of them. Which is probably why I so enjoy the TV show The Goldbergs, a funny comedy that takes place in eighties currently on season 2. Maybe I should let Quinton know that his generation isn't the first to make neon so popular that kids wear it daily. Who I am I kidding he wouldn't believe me or would he?











1 comment: