Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Monday, October 6, 2014

October 2014-General Conference

Another L.D.S. General Conference has come and gone!  I meant to do some cutesy stuff but ran out of time. This conference everyone picked a favorite treat and I put them in paper bags (that is what I meant to make cuter with pictures of the general authorities and scrapbook paper etc.) and stapled shut with the name of a speaker at general conference. So when that speaker came up we had that treat that matched the speaker.  We also played the much loved conference bingo game, which I find much easier to just laminate the paper and use wet erase markers, than to use tokens to cover the squares.  October is a hard month for us as we always seem to have the boys in away football games  so we miss some of Saturday's sessions.  Conference is a lovely break from the usual church routine and whats even better we can watch it in our pajamas. The kiddos really look forward to general conference every six months. I guess because I treat it like the Mormon holiday it is--lots of tasty treats, relaxing, and home time.

Archer, McCoy, Declan with bingo cards, treat bags on mantle, red tin with bingo candy

Declan's chosen treat-Doritos 
(he usually picks some kind of chip)

McCoy is the first one to get bingo!

Archy wanted a cookie for his pick
so I picked out Mint Oreo Fudge Cremes I had them at book club 
for the first time last week and they are so good

Every General Conference since Quinton was little he always picks his beloved Bugles, we first had them when he was five and the treats that year represented gospel things and the Bugles were Moroni's trumpet you often see on top of temples. We have them twice a year (both conferences) as they aren't really a top pick when you think of chips.  Quinton really loves them though.

McCoy always picks caramel apples 
without fail, which I am glad about because I love caramel apples.

During some of the sessions Eddy helped me cut out quilt blocks and the scraps do make a nice mask.

Zany with her pick -stuckers

Besides cutting quilt blocks, I managed to do a bit of simple embroidery on a dish towel. This design is a Aunt Martha's Iron-On Transfer. This pattern struck my fancy, is that little plate showing off a naughty dance move to a innocent teacup or is he flashing some plate parts he shouldn't.  Who knows? 

Redwork Tea Towel

After Conference I always feel a bit like I do at buffet, stuffed and needing some time to digest.  There was so many great teachings and remindings and it was really nice to hear some speakers speak their native language. Although I think I would prefer to read the english rather than a voice over in English but the voiceover was better for the kids. One surprising takeaway for me from conference is I need to establish a long term exercise plan this was from Jorg Klebingat's talk oh yeah, and maybe not so many treats!


No comments:

Post a Comment