Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Haircuts at Last!

When Eddy and I were first engaged Eddy wanted me to learn how to cut hair so I could cut his hair and save him some money. I was game and Eddy figured if he had a few haircuts that weren't the best it would be worth it in the long run.  He did have a quite a few haircuts that looked like he escaped from a marine base, very high and tight.  Over the years, I have gotten a lot better at cutting hair and I have had a lot of practice. 

 I cut everyone's hair at one sitting about every six weeks or sooner if needed. I like to cut hair outside year round and I have them typically wear just underwear or swim trunks. It takes me about an hour and half to do five haircuts depending on the styles they want. I let them pick whatever haircut they want and try to do them all a bit different. I mainly use clippers with and without the guide and also scissors when needed.  We are finally at a stage where there is no crying but there is sometimes complaining which I tell the complainers if they can find a barber cheaper than me they are welcome to take their money there.  Oh that's right, I am free and thank goodness it would cost so much to pay for all those haircuts.  Eddy knew what he was doing when he had me learn to cut hair.  We have never paid to get Eddy's or the boys haircut; that much more money to buy food to feed those bottomless pits known as growing boys.  

After each guy gets his haircut, he has to shower to get all the hair off,  but in the summer we rinse off with the hose and go for a swim. We have been so busy that we couldn't find time when everyone was home and it was daylight to do haircuts (haircuts by night even with light don't turn out so well) so the guys were looking a bit shaggy.
  
Quint starts his haircut; he wanted it short, chicken hair we call it around here because when it is really short it is soft and fuzzy like a baby chicken

Doesn't Declan look thrilled to be getting a haircut



A hairy chested Archy

Surprisingly McCoy (quiet, reserved, somewhat shy) picks a Mohawk as his haircut of choice. This time I tried my hand and cutting some designs into his hair using the naked blade of the clippers. Eddy requested a lightening bolt for McCoy and the other side I did some stripes. 

Coy hawk with lightning bolt

Stripes

Despite the fact it is the end of October, we are still enjoying warm weather in the low 90's and upper 80's so might as well run through the sprinkles after the haircut. 

McCoy enjoying a late October sprinkling

Zany got a faux haircut as she likes to join in on the haircut party 
so I just pretend to cut her hair, she likes to go shirtless to like the boys too.

That six weeks will be up before I know it and I will be once again getting more practice cutting hair!  


No comments:

Post a Comment