Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Birding in Duncan attempts

I'm still on a slight kick of birds . Whenever the Carltons are in town, I like to drag a few willing and not so willing souls on one of our soon to be trails. This last time I took McCoy, Dec, Rhi and myself. It was a fun walk, I think it was close to 2 mi round trip maybe, from the Old Virden Road and down along the Gila. Of course we forgot our Camera, but Rhi tried to take some photos with her cellphone. We were too early for the Buzzard tree, but we did see some Canadian Geese flying over and heard lots. Coy and Dec also enjoyed swimming in the river. Here are some photos that I got at a different time, in the vicinity of where we were.
The elusive pigeon.

The Buzzard/ Turkey Vulture  tree, full of its tenants

A Hawk not sure of the type

And the Silent Owl. We were lucky that he made an appearence when the Carltons were over and everybody got to see him, except Eddy, who was too busy watching football. Zany was quite taken with him.

1 comment:

  1. I have my dear sister to thank for finally getting to see Canadian Geese! I had been wanting to see some for a couple of years as I grew quite fond of them on my mission.

    ReplyDelete