Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Monday, October 20, 2014

What They Wore & a Sick Mama

Quinton the Grump
Archer the Sweetie
 I was struck down by a strange illness that included fever, chills, night sweats, headache.  It was one of those illnesses where you feel so terrible that you lay on the couch unable to even muster the strength to embroider or get online and read blogs or pinterest.  I was so unwell I didn't even have the energy to nag. That is the only way the house is ever even kinda picked up-a constant nag. Pick up your clothes, put away your shoes, hang up your backpack.  You would think that while I was down for the count they might have all pitched in together and picked up the slack and kept the house tidy-nope. They all acted like they were sick too and enjoyed unlimited screen time and no chores all while feeling perfectly fine.

You could tell I was unwell because I didn't care that they watched shows and played video games all day and night.  I lay on the couch watching one college football after another too exhausted to even change the channel.  You really appreciate your normally good health when you don't have it.  Since I am still recovering I stayed home from church and the rest of those guys went.  I took a few pictures before church as each kid was dressed and ready to go.


At our local thrift store on Thursdays it is half price clothes for those 55 years old and up and we had Nona with us, on Thursdays we call her our living coupon. She is able to buy our stuff for Ashlee and I saving us half of what we would normally spend. I was looking at the suit coats when Ashlee joined me and spotted this awesome plum purple cowboy suit coat. There were no pants with it and so we both began hunting through the racks looking for the matching pants. Ashlee found the matching pants in the women's section and the suit was reunited.  It was brand new and so rockabilly awesome and only cost $3.50! When I buy things like suits at a thrift store it is much like cinderella's shoe whoever it fits best gets it. Declan hopefully tried it on but it didn't fit him so McCoy is the lucky duck and gets it.  Before our photo session I jokingly may have mentioned that McCoy need a guitar for his photo they kids took me literally and grabbed a guitar or two. 

McCoy in chair, Declan with broom, and Zany by door.

McCoy rocking his new suit

Declan with chain


Rocking Bros.

Zany not a happy gal did not want to take photos, who knows why. Church falls right during her nap time so she is not always her usual cheerful self. 

Not a happy, zany girl

Hopefully, I will be back to my full strength nagging abilities soon or my poor house will continue to look like a hurricane hit it, by the way that hurricane is named Edqudecoyarzany.  Hope it isn't landing in your neck of the woods any time soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment