Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Pretzel Queen

 Zany and I spent the morning at the park at one of her friends birthday parties. After the park I thought we would pop into a grocery just to grab one item before it is no longer for sale (grocery sales run Weds. to Tues around here I have no idea why).  Usually at this grocery store they have car carts for kids to sit in while you shop. Unfortunately, there is only one and it was no where to be found.  Being close to nap time Zaynzley was not an understanding person and she began to wail and scream and refused to get into a regular cart.  I tried to bribe her with the free cookie the store gives out to kids. She didn't even care. I thought if I can just quickly get the item and get out of here in a few minutes that would be great. Now you have to understand something about Zaynzley she has a set of pipes on her in other words she can be deafeningly loud. I was trying to talk to the butcher about the item I wanted and due to her volume I literally couldn't think or understand what the butcher was saying.  It was like she was the superhero Black Canary with a high powered sonic scream that could shatter objects and incapacitate enemies (or mothers). 

Black Canary

Yes, I was one of those mothers who has a loudly crying kid at a store annoying all of the other shoppers. Fellow shoppers were wondering why didn't I just leave and put that crying kid to bed.  While waiting on the butcher I went to get Zany her free cookie from the store bakery. She was still at top volume and I handed her the cookie hoping she would quiet down. She took the cookie and I heaved a sigh of relief; then she threw the cookie about eight feet and it shattered all over the tiled floor of the yogurt aisle.  Now she was really embarrassing me (in all my years of being a mother [thirteen plus years] I have never been so embarrassed by a child at a store). I gathered up the larger pieces of cookie and hurried down the yogurt aisle spying a small rack of pretzels. In utter desperation I offered her a bag of pretzels. She seem interested so I opened that bag of pretzels real fast, (yes I am also one of those mothers who feed kids food before I have even paid for it).  She began eating and silence was enjoyed by me and the other shoppers.  I got that item from the butcher and we headed home where I put her down for a nap. Zany insisted on taking her bag of bribery to bed with her.  I let her.  It was so not worth the fight and I didn't want to bring back her superhero alter ego the Black Canary.

See even superheroes get tired and hungry 

Lovely snack come to bed with me!

Fast asleep at last! 
I  hope she won't miss the pretzels I snuck away while she slept.

Be gone Black Canary, now I know your kryptonite--pretzels!


No comments:

Post a Comment