Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

That Hated Yet Loved Game

When I was a kid, periodically my sister and I would decide to play Monopoly. The first twenty minutes would go pretty well but the next half hour our disagreements would escalate until one or other of us would quit the game without finishing it. Not much has changed in twenty five years. My boys decided to play Monopoly Star Wars edition and had it all set up when I discovered what they were up to without having cleaned their rooms I might add. Nice mom that I am I let them continue their game despite their messy rooms. I listened to their game from the other room and it was a flashback to my childhood. After about twenty minutes, things started to get ugly. Quinton, the enforcer, ruled the game much to McCoy's annoyance and it wasn't long before McCoy was in tears and had quit the game.  Archy was bored by it and kept wanting to play a different game but no one listened to him. They coaxed McCoy back into playing but it wasn't to long before they abandoned it altogether.  

McCoy, Quinton, Declan play Star Wars Monopoly

Wee Archy didn't get the game but was a sport about it for awhile

My all time favorite game from my childhood was a game called Masterpiece.


It was the strangest game but my sister and I loved it and we always finished it unlike Monopoly. You buy and sell famous paintings trying to amass the most money. There were postcard size prints of famous works and you would clip prices to the back without knowing what the prices were. It was such an interesting game and later in life it helped me in my college World of Art class identifying paintings and painters.  It must be a somewhat rarer game I never have seen it in all my thrift store shopping.  I wouldn't mind sitting down to good game of Masterpiece but I think I will pass on that Monopoly game even if it is the Star Wars edition.



No comments:

Post a Comment