Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, May 9, 2014

Invisible Money & Impromptu Lunch Date

Amazon from time to time puts offers on my kindle tempting me to spend money but offering discounts on books, music and random stuff. There is one offer they give me I can't ever refuse that is invisible money. For example, the most recent offer was three dollars for any digital music purchase. Basically they give you three dollars to buy whatever music you want. I love that offer and so I began to research what I would spend it on. I usually try to buy one of their five dollar albums so then I am only spending two bucks for an entire album! I love music but not to play or perform I am strictly a listener. My sister and I used to have very different taste in music I was a country gal and she was a hip-hopper. Now we have absolutely the same taste in music I would label it: Folk-Bluegrass-Americana-Mellow-Celtic Music. 

Having been in high school in the nineties when Celtic music was really popular we both have a soft spot for it. Some of our favorite musicians: Amos Lee, Joshua Radin, Ray LaMontagne, Mumford & Sons, The Civil Wars, Night Beds, The Head and the Heart, Lumineers, Enya, Steve Martin (yes that Steve Martin he is amazing on banjo), Of Monsters and Men, The Deep Dark Woods, James Morrison to name a few. The Hunger Games  music (first movie) is also really good.

So it was with joy I began trying to spend my invisible money. One day turned into two and finally by the third day I was starting to worry my invisible money would really disappear if I didn't pick something quick. I almost bought The National Parks album "Young" but it was nine bucks and I hate to pay over five bucks and it could be a five dollar album one day (I am just weird like that) so I didn't want to buy it yet. After listening to lots of samples and reading reviews I finally settled on Inside Llewyn Davis: Original Soundtrack Recording but wait for the same price I could get the cd and the mp3 so then I could listen to it in my car. My invisible money only worked on digital music so I was back to not knowing what to get I didn't want to get an old album from 2008 which is what amazon was suggesting to me in the end I bought the new Beck album Morning Phase.  I really like the Inside Llewyn Davis album (yes I bought it too that amazon company is pretty smart but I called it an early mother's day present) and I haven't really listened to the Beck one yet but what I have heard I liked.  

Besides spending way too much time looking at music, I took out my honey (Eddy) on a lunch date. I learned long ago to never try to take my teacher husband out on a lunch date. Teachers have way too little time for lunch without even counting the time they take to walk the kids to the cafeteria  and doing lunch duties. Eddy often only has fifteen minutes if he is lucky, but today was grandparents day so he had a full forty minutes. So I whisked him away to our favorite Mexican Restaurant, Casa Manana.  We enjoyed a quick lunch and I got him back to school with two minutes to spare.


My two lunch dates: Eddy and Zany!

Zany just licks the salsa off her chip she almost never bites the chip hence she gets her own bowl of salsa. It is kinda spicy too I am surprised she can eat it.

Happy Day it's Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment