Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Our Memorial Day

Due to our cabin camping trip we had to break our Memorial Day Festivities into two parts. We will be visiting and decorating the graves later in the week. I decided to decorate the mantle for memorial day and so I went to the local dollar store (dollar tree) to see what they had and I hit the jackpot. They had all kinds of patriotic decorations to choose from.  I purchased some bunting and cut it in half to go around the fireplace and the glitter bows I attached to my candles. The wooden USA sign and America sign even had glitter. I gathered military service pictures and did a brief family home evening about our ancestors who served in the military and what war they served in protecting our freedom. We then watched a WWII movie about paratroopers in France.

From left to right service photos
My dad, Quinton Germaine U.S.A.F.-Cold War
My maternal grandpa, Dennis E. Agle U.S. Navy-Korean War
My paternal grandpa with his flight crew WWII-pacific theater
My paternal grandpa, Edward R. Germaine U.S. Navy-WWII
My husband's father, Robert L. Carlton U.S. Navy-Vietnam War 

Declan, Archy Zany, McCoy eating popcorn watching a WWII movie

I am so grateful for all the service men and women, past and present, who have protected our freedom and their families who sacrificed so they could serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment