Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Backyard Baseball

A pastime often enjoyed by McCoy and Archer is backyard baseball. They have their own set of rules and predetermined bases. From what I gather, McCoy pitches the ball to Archer, then Archer hits it and begins running the bases. McCoy meanwhile has to field the ball then he tosses the ball in the air and has to catch it before he can tag Archy out by throwing the ball at him. They play this all the time. Sometimes McCoy is the batter.

Archy hits the ball.

While Archy is running the bases, McCoy throws the ball in the air and catches it.

Archy gets tagged out by a thrown ball just before he reaches home base (stack of chairs). Archy is not happy about it. 

In other backyard news, we found a clutch of quail eggs in our backyard. I never see a quail sitting on them maybe they don't have to I am not sure. A few eggs have been broken by predators my kids know to leave them alone.  These eggs are just lying on the ground in a tire not really hidden I am interested to see if they hatch. 


For my mothers day gift Eddy is going to give me the best gift ever and happily do whatever yard work and projects I want all day! After much protest and several hints on my part he finally agreed to it. Yippee I say! 


No comments:

Post a Comment