Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers

Happy Mother's Day!

The teachers are so nice to have their students create mother's day presents. I really enjoyed what my kids made. They were all so excited to give me their presents that each one gave it to me as soon as they saw me they couldn't wait until Mother's Day.


McCoy made a large card that he colored beautifully. 

Inside on the flower stems it reads: Make your bed. Give you a hug. Set the table. He also made a necklace.

Declan made a cute wall hanging out of scrapbook paper.

 
This spells out:
                                  Mom your pretty Thatcher green eyes are awesome!
                                  Of course you're cool because of my nickname Dec
                                  The new generation of Mom & Dec time is wicked
                                  Here you can be with me
                                  Everything about you is awesome
                                  Ready set prank everyone


Archy with the last candy.

Archy had a cute decorated can with notes and chocolate Hugs and Kisses. 
Me: Archy what happened to all the candy?
Archy: Mom I couldn't help myself it was so yummy, but I saved you one.

Archy's notes
My Mom is a pretty as our wall. (We have a colorful block wall out front.)
My Mom is great at kissing.
My Mom is the best at cleaning with me.
I love my mom as much as playing Lord of the Rings.

I am so grateful for the Mother and Grandmothers and Great Grandmothers in my life for their examples of service and love. I have been so blessed to be descended from amazing women of strength and virtue. On this day I think of them going back through years and centuries and what love they must have had for their children and grandchildren. It isn't easy to be a mother but it is so fulfilling and rewarding. 

 I often wonder how I will even get it all done the laundry, cleaning, errands, ferrying the kids to practices, homework and making dinner--the list is endless. On most days I don't even come close to getting it all done but a talk from April General Conference gives me comfort. Linda S. Reeves said, "Some of you have heard me tell how overwhelmed my husband, Mel, and I felt as the parents of four young children. As we faced the challenges of parenting and keeping up with the demands of life, we were desperate for help. We prayed and pleaded to know what to do. The answer that came was clear: “It is OK if the house is a mess and the children are still in their pajamas and some responsibilities are left undone. The only things that really need to be accomplished in the home are daily scripture study and prayer and weekly family home evening.” 

Lots of love to my Mom and Grandma Agle and Grandma Parke! 







1 comment:

  1. To have such wonderful children and grandchildren and ... Great grandchildren is an amazing reward!

    ReplyDelete