Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Girls Night

Having four boys in a row lead to a yearly vacation night for me known in the Mormon world as Fathers & Sons Campout (a one night camp out for all father and sons in our congregation).  I would usually make a long list of things I wanted to do like read magazines, watch a movie, do my nails and so on.  I would actually only get a few of them done but my main goal was to sleep in, that rare but glorious commodity. Some years the boys would get home at 8 a.m. that pretty much ruins that. Now that I have a daughter I knew I had to include Zany in my plans. We finally got the boys off at 2 p.m. (Zany was very upset to not be going along) and Zany took a nap while I read for a couple hours the cutest non-fiction love story and then worked on redoing the chair for my laundry room. When she finally woke up we spruced ourselves up to go to the unromantic movie store which is just a movie vending machine (only place to rent movies in town). I so miss going to the actual movie rental store I loved browsing Blockbuster before finally settling on a which movie to rent. Zany got a animated movie, Epic and I got Labor Day. We stopped for a visit to my grandma where Zany was weirdly shy, I guess without Archy she didn't know what to do with herself. We popped into a store to pick up some new Sunday pants for Quinton who keeps out growing them. Zany is a girl who loves to go with anyone, anywhere, anytime. In fact if you don't want a companion on your outing you can't use the G (go) word. On the way home we picked up a pizza and soon we were in our comfy clothes watching her movie. Epic was much better than I expected. She finally fell asleep during my movie Labor Day, which I really liked despite the critics negative reviews. Not sure what fun we will get up to in the morning maybe a few yard sales and definitely a stop at the local B&B that has the best bakery in town,

I let the little speed demon (upper left corner) bring her radio flyer in the house, one of the perks to not having any carpet.

Zany on her radio flyer


No comments:

Post a Comment