Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Better Late Than Never

I should have planted seeds during spring break but I didn't get to it. Then for Mother's Day I thought that would be a fun thing for the boys to do for me, but Eddy (he was going to clean out the flower bed) was sick so that didn't happen.  So finally I decided I had better just do it today or before I know it it will be Halloween. I used to have a lovely garden and backyard but over time bermudagrass has completely taken over. If I water anywhere bermuda is quick to spring up it is horrible stuff that when you try to pull it out it just breaks off.  I gave up gardening altogether and my life just got busier and busier and I figured with as much as water is it is cheaper just to buy produce at the store. Years passed and every summer I would think this is the summer I will do a raised garden so the grass won't get in there but I never did.  This year I decided I would buy a bunch of seeds and if they came up great, if not oh well not much money or time was spent.
We are so busy right now with all of the kids activites I just decided to plant the seeds with Archy and Zany as my helpers. 

Archy holding seed packets 

Zinnias, sunflowers, lavender, wildflowers, dill, zucchini and yellow squash

Archy really liked planting sunflowers

Zany hands the seeds to Archy to plant

I am interested to see if anything comes up. I pretty much ignored the directions and just spread the seeds and put a light layer of leftover potting soil over it . Hopefully, I am not just giving the quail free food. I would like to get a few tomato plants but I have been wanting to do that for months and soon it really will be too late. Fingers crossed, sprout seeds sprout!

No comments:

Post a Comment