Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thrifty Collecting

It had been some time since I had been to the thrift store.  Ashlee came to town and our favorite thing to do is "go for a look" at the thrift store.  We both collect several (read: lots of) things.  Sometimes you start a new collection just because you find something that catches your eye and then decide you must have more.  Ashlee and I both agree that you only need three to make a collection.  
Two teacups not a collection, three teacups a collection.

This day I found two new collections and decided to get rid of one of my collections.  I now collect Book of Mormons in foreign languages!  Ashlee found them and I bought them. I later learned one is in Polish and the other in Danish.  I already have a Book of Mormon in Spanish from Eddy's mission and one in French from my college days when I minored in French.  I will have to keep my eye out for more.  Since I have more than three it is a collection.  My other new collection is vintage cards and a few new ones too.  I got rid (gave to Ashlee) my yarn animal collection as I had nowhere to display it anymore.  Now I can pressure her to buy the funky homemade yarn creatures we come across.

The popcorn maker you see below is the best popcorn maker ever!  Once you try its delicious and fresh popcorn you can never happily eat microwave popcorn again.  We have been using this popcorn maker for eleven years and ours is a bit worse for wear so when I saw this brand new one, never opened I thought I had better buy it for when my current one dies.

Needlepoint butterfly for Zany's room $1.50
ASU cross stitch for Eddy's Valentine present $5.00
Vintage Tins so handy to store things in $1.00 each
Popcorn Maker brand new $10.00
Vintage Little People Chauffer FREE
Imaginext Horse FREE
Stack of books $0.25 each 
(found #4 of the Anne of Green Gable series I needed)


Eddy's present after spray painting and cleaning
 I gave it to him and he thought I had cross stitched it, I claimed that I had for a minute and then turned it over so he could read: 

I added my own post script in Calligraphy as Eddy gave me a Calligraphy set for Christmas. 
Eddy thought I should have included Carol & Jack with my name-funny guy.

I had decided to mail a few Valentines and so I picked out some cards at Walmart. I hardly ever buy cards so it was fun to read through the various cards.  That got me thinking about cards and when I saw that cards were only 10 cents I thought I might see if any caught my eye.  Well, I found some lovely glitter cards from the 1950's and 1960's.  Then I really started looking through the cards to find more.  I just love the sweet graphics and vintage thick paper.  I realized that people don't send cards like they used to and that is why you can find so many at the thrift store. I think it is fun to send cards and I am eagerly awaiting some of my kin to fall slightly ill so I can send them a get better card (I now have lots of get better soon cards).

Some of my favorites
All cards including two stacks you see in the background $4.00


Look at that sweet baby and there is micro glitter on it too

Lovely cards

A couple of my most favorite

You just never know what you will start collecting next, if you are like Ashlee and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment