Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Declan's 11th Birthday!

Declan is now 11 years old, so hard to believe.  You watch your kids grow up before your eyes without really realizing that is what they are doing.  This around the clock parenting thing is often exhausting and frustrating but I think it is going to be over before I know it and I will miss it.  When they no longer live with me and are on their own I still will parent somewhat I assume but at a distance.  They won't climb into bed with me in the middle of the night (I hope) or need me so much.  That is good and bad as most things are.  

As Declan grows ever closer to the day when he leaves the Carlton nest I had better enjoy this sweet guy while I have him to myself .  Declan is the most helpful, kind hearted soul who is also outgoing and never afraid to talk to strangers or make a friend.  Declan was recently told by a stranger that he should be a moviestar since he has such distinctive moles (they form a square on his cheek).   Maybe he should, he certainly is a natural actor (you should see how he can throw himself across a room when Quinton pushes him) and he would love all the fame and fortune.  He often talks about his future mansion and all the businesses he will own.  I tell him he can buy me a house by his house so we can often visit each other.  
They can leave the nest but they better not go too far!

Four moles on his cheek



Declan got a new bike for his birthday 
He was in desperate need for one as his old bike was to little and broken

Declan has long loved Batman and he picked out 
this Batman Lego set with his birthday money
He loves to build Lego sets!

Lego set built

Happy 11th D-man!

No comments:

Post a Comment