Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentines Day!

I like my Valentines old school style-simple.  Just a box of Valentines you buy at the store that are ready to tear apart and label to/from.  Nowadays, they have candy with to and from places to write on it in lieu of a card.  I don't like that as well.  

Declan had gotten their Valentines out a week in advance looking forward to addressing them.  A few days before Valentines, I finally let them have their Valentine prep party.  McCoy and Declan both had their class list of all the kids names and they began to attach the tattoos that came with their valentines.  I just let them do their thing while I worked with Archer.  After they had done about ten each I noticed they were putting them together all wrong and I had to go back, taking off the stickers and redoing them.   I have learned over the years, as soon as they get home from school to have them read through all the cards and then against their many protest throw them away.  Otherwise, I will continue to find old Valentines stuffed in their sock drawer or under their bed until the next Valentines rolls around.  

Despite my repeated warnings for Archer to gather up his candy and put it in a ziploc bag he totally ignored me. When Zany woke up from her nap and saw all that lovely candy for the taking sitting on the dinning room table she couldn't have been happier.  Archer not so much!  Many tears later we got the candy evenly distributed and our house was filled with love and sugar!  
Just as the Valentines holiday demands!  

McCoy (left) and Declan work on their Valentines

McCoy attaches his tattoos

Archer working on his Valentines


Look at his careful handwriting

Valentine loot
(Archer was not happy to take this photo but I made him)

Hope your Valentines Day is LOVEly!

Happy Valentines from Us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment