Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Start 'Em Young

When I was kid I can clearly remember countless hours spent at home improvement stores like Home Depot.  My dad always had a project or two going.  I found Home Depot somewhat boring as a kid but I did like playing with the tile and laying out different patterns.  In the intervening years, Home Depot has learned if you can start kids young in building projects you can create a customer for life.  They have a workshop for kids every first Saturday of the month that is free.  My kids love to go and build something in the kids workshop.  

It's funny how kids just grow out of things of their own accord. This has happened to Quinton with the Home Depot Kids Workshop.  He didn't make a box but he was assigned to help Archer with his.  I did a terrible job photographing it as I was so busy helping McCoy with his project.  I didn't even remember to take any photos until the painting part.  They assembled these from precut wood using nails and wood glue.  They really enjoyed getting to use a hammer.

Zany paints while Eddy helps Archer

Declan carefully paints his box

McCoy really enjoyed picking his pattern

Archy, love the Saturday morning hair

Makes me kinda wish I was a kid again so I could make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment