Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, January 30, 2015

The Dreaded Three Beverages


We have had a sickly one here the last few days.  Wee McCoy has been running a low fever and has a terrible cough.  He has stayed home from school the last two days and I have been his nurse applying Vicks vapor rub to his chest, putting essential oils on him, and dosing him with his antibiotic.  McCoy has been forced to take a daily nap for his own good.  As his nurse, I have been in close contact with him constantly.  Generally, I avoid sick people and some of my close friends refer to me as germaphobe.  I am not really; I just try to take precautions like never touching a public or private door handle with my bare hand I usually use a bit of sweater or even better politely wait for someone (Ashlee/Eddy) to open the door for me.  When my own dear child is sick I must forgo most of my usual protocols.  

I fear I may be coming down with some dreaded illness.

The biggest tell-tale sign is I want lots of beverages especially herbal tea. I like to have three beverages when I am coming down with an illness:  a big glass of water, echinacea herbal tea, and orange juice this one is mango orange.  I tote all of these down to my prefered viewing seat and take turns sipping them while watching a show.  I would much rather have a stomach sort of illness rather than a horrible cough/cold kind.  I think I am in for it this time.  I shall continue my regime of vitamin C and onguard and hope for the best.  

At least our weather is lovely and it is as though we have been transported to Washington State as we have had continuous rain for the last twenty four hours which is unheard of here.  Ashlee hates it but I love it (one may wonder why she skipped her blog post?).  Eddy hates it at school because they have rainy day schedule and all the kids stay in for all recesses and the poor teachers never get a break.  I know it won't last long and it is so cozy to sit by the wood stove with a roaring fire and listen to the rain.  I fear I won't have too much energy for much more than that though.  I may even have to dispatch others to bring me beverages, I think I will have three.

No comments:

Post a Comment