Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Lazytown

Christmas Break lasts two glorious weeks and is over before I know it (one more day).  Usually I regard Christmas Break as a time to clean, organize and do projects.  This Christmas Break I tried something new it is called Lazytown.  I realized that I could relax or have a clean house but I couldn't do both. So I thought why not experiment for a day and see what it is like to not have any projects or big cleaning.  Lazytown is a simple town where the nagging and chores are at their most minimal.  It is amazing how well everyone gets along in lazytown.  People who live in this town get to play board games, play with toys, play kindles or video games, watch shows, ride bikes, shoot hoops,  however you wish to amuse yourself.  One lazytown day turned into two and so on.  Of course now and then everyone has to visit cleantown and tidy up just a bit but we did the basics.  In fact I may confess that no laundry has been done besides the towels.  I have spent my free time doing family history which I find as addictive as many people do candy crush or other little games like that.  It has been a glorious and relaxing time and the kids have loved it too.  

We did spend one day taking down Christmas which wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be.  Part of what has mellowed me out besides the family history is the wood stove that we put in in November.  I find it very soothing and so very cozy to sit and watch.  I so look forward to the days that are cold enough that we can lite a fire in it.  It has been a lovely investment and so far we haven't had to turn on the central heating.  I like building fires and tending fires.  Getting up to fuss with the fire adding a log or stoking it is enjoyable.  I don't even mind cleaning out the ashes.  I bet if Eddy knew that a wood stove would help me move to lazytown he would have got me one years ago!
Besides when you live in lazytown you have so much more time to apply lip balm.

Archy loves lazytown and lip balm

No comments:

Post a Comment