Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Dreaded Snip

 Over the years I have watched all my friends who have little girls face a trial that varies from slight to insurmountable, the dreaded snip or unapproved self haircut.  One of my friend's daughter cut her hair so terribly that they had to shave it in the front, it was dreadful. Having four boys in a row I wasn't very concerned about them cutting their own hair as I could always buzz it if needed, but with girls it is a whole different story.  You spend years trying to grow out their hair and make it pretty with bows and ribbons.  

I knew it was just a matter of time before Zaynzley attempted her own haircut.  I cut her bangs quite often to keep them out of her eyes and I keep the haircutting scissors in a high cupboard in the bathroom.  Apparently, she is able to climb onto the toilet and from there she climbs onto the bathroom counter and then opens the cupboard all while standing on the counter. I heard a one of the boys yell that there was a lot of hair in the sink.  I rushed to the bathroom to see a eight inch lock of hair lying there.  I quickly found Zany to see what kind of trail I would be facing.  I was very relieved to see she had chopped a piece off the crown of her head and that I would be easily able to hide the self haircut.  Zany and I had a little talk about who is allowed and not allowed to cut hair in this house.  The haircutting scissors were moved to a more secure undisclosed location.  While I would like to banish all scissors, sleeping beauty style, we need them far to often.  I guess we can only hope that we have made it through out our self haircut trial and that there won't be any encores.

What is this?

You can't see too well how long this piece of hair really is so I added some text to the photo.
A wee curly lock now shorn from pretty baby Z's head

No comments:

Post a Comment