Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Reconaissance

Rhi and I decided to go check out some camp grounds that are on the way to Aravaipa. Zany came too. 
Meet one of our new neighbors. There are two owls that now live in the big pine. This is the smaller one, the big one I couldn't get a good shot of. I'm sure they are there to deliver my invitation to Hogwarts.

At four-mile Campground about an hour from thatcher, AZ. While nice, it was a little to close to our landscape in our backyard, and areas close to home. Zany is ready for an adventure!

But ;not too much of one! We scoffed when the website said on the way to aravaipa we would need a high clearance vehicle. We were fine until you came upon a creek that you had to cross several times. It was a proper creek, not the trickle that we were use to. I was wearing my trusty gore tex boots, and strode on over to cross the creek without much thought, and poor baby Z followed behind me right into this puddle. I heard the greatest cacckling from her caring mama to see her standing ankle deep in muddy water. Then sh slipped climbing out and got her hands dirty, which is her pet peeve.

Not a happy camper! Aravaipa looks gorgeuos, but we will need to track down a better vehicle;e (and probably a more adventurous driver as we two are quite cautious)

We had to Race home to meet Archy off the bus, but I think he could have handle himself right? Who would mess with this tough guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment