Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Quinton turns 14!

Quinton

How is it even possible my first baby is turning fourteen years old!  I feel like he should be three years old.  Time has gone by too fast.  When Quinton was about three years old, Eddy was enrolled in his education degree program and it took place in the evening.  That left Quinton and I alone to fill the evening hours.  Daily, we would go to the park that was just around the corner from our house and while he climbed and swang,  I would read a magazine or book.  Then we would walk home just as it grew dark.  After his bath we would cuddle up on the couch and watch Gilmore Girls together (it wasn't always Gilmore Girls but in my memory it is).  About ten o'clock Eddy would get home and we would all go to bed.  In those days Quinton was my constant companion before my attention was divided by his siblings.  Quinton and I made bread together every week and he loved to eat the bread dough (he still does).  He would help me with laundry, and tidying up the house.  (Where did that Quinton go?)  Now that he is fourteen, I know I only have a few short years with him before he goes to explore life without his mama at his side.  He will always be the boy that turned me into a mother.  There is something magical about that, that years and time cannot dim. 

Happy Birthday my dear boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment