Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Sunday, December 21, 2014

What They Wore-Reds and Greens

I find bribery works the best to get this crew to cooperate and take photos.  If I was a bit more focused on early to church, I would take these Sunday photos when everyone was completely ready and just killing time for a half hour until it is time to depart for church. We are pretty crazy around here running around looking for church socks or ties right up until the time to depart.  So we take them after church usually which makes some of them groan. Today, I bribed them with root beer to take these photos.  

In celebration of Christmas, we all wore Christmas things.  We had a lovely program at church and the choir even sang one of my favorite Christmas songs, O Holy Night.  My latest obsession had been family history. I have cycled in and out of family history over the last twenty years or so.  I spent three hours looking for one individual's birth record and just as I was about to give up I found it!  Family history is so much easier now, than when I first started.  There is so much available online now you don't have to mess with ordering films.  I have spent years doing research on Eddy's line in Mexico, a small town in Sonora called Banamichi.  Currently, I am doing work on my maternal- paternal line in Norway which is the first time I have worked in Norway.  I have found that my efforts in working in Spanish (I don't speak it) has oddly enough help train me for records in Norwegian (I don't speak it either).  I find it so addictive doing family history that it is hard to stop.  Unfortunately, laundry and house cleaning still have to occur otherwise I would be doing it non-stop.

Figuring out our grouping

Quinton, McCoy, Zaynzley

Archer thinks he has had enough photo time

Wishing you Merry Christmas in Norwegian,

"God Jul"

No comments:

Post a Comment