Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Dec's 5th Grade Christmas Concert

 'Tis the season for lots of concerts and events to attend.  Declan had his fifth grade Christmas concert and Zany and I were able to attend.  Declan is always easy to find at these kind of things because he is always on the back row, being a tall kid.  Declan is also very entertaining to watch especially compared to his older brother, who if you looked really closely with binoculars you might see his lips sometimes move.  Declan is a natural actor and performer and has never known stage fright.  He is a lot of fun to watch.  Dec really wanted a speaking part but since he is in the band he couldn't have one.  He made up for it by being a complete ham and singing with all his heart.  We know from the movie Elf, "The best way to make christmas cheer is, singly loudly for all to hear."  
Declan creates lots of Christmas cheer.

Declan back row, green shirt

I tried and tried to get the video to upload but it resisted my best efforts. Instead I have a series of stills (I could probably add another twenty or so but I will spare you) that show his stage presence.  Note, that the rest of the children just sing without wild gestures and facial expressions.  The song they are singing is from Frozen, "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?"









Don't you want to attend one of his performances now?  He has a band concert today and I am curious if he can be as expressive with his saxophone.

Zany is wearing a kilt that Ashlee brought back from Scotland some twelve years ago.  All my boys wore it to church when they were about two.  I found this awesome sweater that has a bagpipe on it at the thrift store about the same time Ashlee gave me the kilt-serendipity!

Declan and Zany

Who doesn't like a little ham at Christmas time?


3 comments:

  1. Yes, I think you have a real ham on your plate! Cute pictures. Also, love the kilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Grandma Anderson giving us a little money one year. Her Papa had passed away and she came into a little moola. I usually made the girls clothes but that year I bought little red plaid skirts, white blouses and knee high socks (all the new fashion rage) and little black Mary Jane shoes. Jany and Carol looked so cute. Maybe when the holidays are over and I feel a little better, I that picture. If before, it will be posted next week on TBT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you made the cutest clothes! I would love to see that picture when you find it!

    ReplyDelete