Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Monday, December 8, 2014

What They Wore-red and black

"Ah, not another photo," says Quinton               "Well fine then I am not looking"

Red and black were the colors of the day and Eddy and I actually matched as well. (I hope you are not imagining that we all match and are on time to church or that my house is totally clean.  I am not that together. Yes, we matched but I was ten minutes late to church and my house has cleanish parts but it is nowhere near clean-hello Monday).  Quinton wants just one photo taken but having everyone looking at the camera at the same time is impossible with one photo.  Even with ten taken there really wasn't one that was even kinda close to perfect.  The sun is in their eyes at this time of day so that is a challenge.  Be that as it may he is not getting out of Sunday photos. 

Sunday afternoons just fly by so fast!  I always think I will have so much time to get things done.  I never do though. I just try to make sure everyone picks up their clothes and belongings and if I am luckily their rooms are walkable.  

I just love this time of year.  Winter and Christmas are both so cozy.  It is amazing how the spirit that accompanies Christmas is just so glorious and felt by all. Having attended a live nativity (real animals and people), I kept thinking about Mary and how joyous it was for her to have her wee babe in her arms at last and that, that joy was compounded with knowing he was also the Son of God.  I remembered all the tender feelings I had have with the birth of each child.  It is such a special time when a new baby is added to this world and your family; the closest way I can describe it is that it is just magical.   That feeling is part of Christmas even though Christ's birth was centuries and centuries ago it still echoes forward and is felt today.  

Good tidings to you and yours!


1 comment: